If you love the magic of show nights, then this might be the position for you (or a friend). We’re looking for a House Manager to work with our Front of House Coordinator. Check out the job description below, and if know that you fit the description, email email@example.com. If you’re lucky enough to already have your dream job, then feel free to pass this along.
Job Description-Part Time
Title: House Manager
Reports To: Front of House Coordinator
Hourly Pay: $10.50 per hour/ 12-18 hours per week
This position is a part-time, non-benefited position with no set hours. Primary work functions happen on Friday evenings, Saturday’s and Sundays. Under direction of the Front of House Coordinator, this position monitors and oversees front of house activities during events at the Chandler Center for the Arts. The House Manager performs patron and volunteer relations work for the Chandler Center for the Arts. Responsible for recruiting, training, assigning duties, scheduling, evaluating and supervising volunteer ushers; conducting pre-show briefings with ushers; facilitating a smooth efficient flow of patrons entering and exiting the theatre; arranging accommodations for groups with special needs; resolving customer complaints related to seating and related areas; reporting safety incidents; coordinating house opening with backstage management; and performing other duties as required including but not limited to assisting with recruitment, orientation, volunteer appreciation events, and proper implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures.
Minimum Qualifications Required
– Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED.
– 1-3 years customer service experience that includes use of phone and personal computers.
- Six months experience supervising volunteers
- Practical knowledge of theatre operations
- CPR/AED training
- Willing to work long hours and/or split shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(List may vary and is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary):
- Excellent customer service and communication with the public, internal and external clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively
- Responsible for training, assigning duties, scheduling, evaluating and supervising volunteer ushers.
- Tracks hours for all volunteers for the Arts Center through a computerized system.
- Prepares written general correspondence, documents and reports.
- Provides on-going training for volunteer ushers and conducts pre-show briefings.
- Arranges accommodations for groups with special needs.
- Facilitates patron flow entering and exiting the theatre.
- Coordinates house opening with backstage management.
- Resolves patron complaints
- Assists with marketing and promotional tables as needed.
- Reports and follows through on safety incidents and/or concerns
Assists with the sales of merchandise for traveling artists. Collects house percentage of merchandise sales with vendors. Collect, count and turn in money for sale of cookbooks, mugs, posters, etc.
- Maintain a professional image
- Efficient organization
- Build strong relationships to provide a harmonious environment
- Responsive and considerate of the customer’s needs
- Ethical considerations in all duties
- Maintain a high standard for FOH and volunteers as ambassadors of the Chandler Center for the Arts
Please submit a resume by email, fax or mail by 5pm, June 13, 2011:
Devau Human Resources
720 E. North Lane, Ste. #1
Phoenix, AZ 85020.